Friday, November 26, 2010

Where I've been: An explanation

I'm still alive!

Even though I haven't been posting frequently (I have about nine reviews to write...), commenting on other blogs, hanging out on Twitter or even reading, I am still around. I've just been having an interesting few months, and hopefully I'll be able to get back to my regular schedule here in the near future.

Where have I been, you ask?

Well, at the end of August, I officially became an ex-librarian and went to work at Starbucks. I work super-early hours (I have to be there at 5 a.m.) and have a 30-minute-plus drive each way to work. Not to mention the fact that I haven't had an on-my-feet-all-day job in about three years, so I'm absolutely beat by the time I get home from work.

Doesn't really leave much energy for blogging or tweeting.

But, the new job is nothing compared to the REALLY BIG NEWS.

Ready for it?




 That's right, there's a new addition on the way to our household! I've had a major case of the first-trimester lazies, but I'm hoping that eases up a bit so I can actually do things besides hold down the couch.
This is a super-old sonogram (This was only at a little over 7 weeks, but I'm now 14 1/2 weeks), but I think this kid looks like me already! :)

We'll find out whether it's a boy or girl after the first of the year, and we're planning a homebirth (I have an AWESOME midwife) for sometime around May 24, 2011.

5 comments:

Mystica said...

Congratulations on the baby!

booksploring said...

Congrats! :-)

Heather J. said...

Congratulations! I'm SO excited for you!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!

MRB said...

New follower here but Congrats on the baby! We have been trying for 2+ years. Hopefully soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...