Saturday, December 12, 2009

Join with Me!


I just officially joined my first online book challenge, and I'm so excited!

I've joined the 451 Challenge.



This challenge, in the spirit of the "book people" from Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, presents a list of books which, from what I can tell, provide essential ideas which should be passed down from generation to generation.

From the looks of it, this will be a fairly easy challenge, as the levels are pretty attainable:

Spark - read 1-2 books from the master list
Ember - read 3-4 books from the master list
Flame - read 5-6 books from the master list
Blaze - read 7 or more books from the master list

You're allowed to re-read books and to cross over with other challenges. Judging by this list, I've got a lot of them either on my already read and favorited list on Goodreads, or they're on my to-read shelf and sitting on my shelves here at home.

I can't wait until Jan. 1!

Update:

Here's the list of books I either own or have here at the library that I plan on reading (some of them, that is!):

  1. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Kahled Housseini
  2. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  3. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  4. Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
  5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  6. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  7. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  8. Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
  9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  11. Night by Elie Wiesel
  12. Rabbit Is Rich by John Updike
  13. Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
  14. Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  15. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  16. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  17. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  18. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  19. The Hours by Michael Cunningham
  20. The Iliad by Homer
  21. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  22. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
  23. The Stand by Stephen King
  24. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  25. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Whew! I'm tired just looking at that list!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm so excited you will be joining us - I think it will be fun! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...