Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon

Well, I'm getting a horribly late start today, mostly because I COMPLETELY forgot that today was the Read-a-Thon!! I happened to look at Twitter yesterday and saw all sorts of people talking about the Read-a-Thon and thought, "Wait, it's October 9 already?!?!?!"

So, here I am, starting 4 hours into this shindig. And, sadly, I don't have a whole free day to devote to the fun. :(

Instead, I will be reading for 45 minutes, then participating in mini-challenges, then cleaning my house for 45 minutes (Whee!!), then doing some more mini-challenges, and starting the whole process over again. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my house cleaned in just a few of these time blocks so I'll have more time to devote to reading! Of course, I also have to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning, so I can't stay up too late. Sad...

Anyway, here are a few of the books I plan to/might tackle this read-a-thon:

1. Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom
2. Ulysses by James Joyce
3. Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
4. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

So far, I've read a bit of the Bloom book. Now, it's onto dishes. When I return, I'll crack open the next section of Ulysses.

See you all around!

6 comments:

Cass said...

“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.” -- Mary Schmich
Enjoy your trip!!

gautami tripathy said...

you are doing good
as you should
but don't forget food!

PS: Please switch off word verification for 24 hours!

readerbuzz said...

Oh, it's okay to get a late start...and devote only part of the day to reading...perfectly okay. Glad you got to join in even for a little while.

I'm trying to read and visit blogs, today. I've found some lovely new ones this way.

Buried In Print said...

Well, some reading is always better than no reading; I've slipped three loads of laundry in amongst my reading in Hour 9, but it's still more fun doing it *around* reading than *without* reading. Happy Read-A-Thon-ing!

softdrink said...

1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!

kinnareads said...

How is Ulysses going? I'm yet to read that book! Enjoy your reading. Your books and plan look good. Have fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...