So, here I am, starting 4 hours into this shindig. And, sadly, I don't have a whole free day to devote to the fun. :(
Instead, I will be reading for 45 minutes, then participating in mini-challenges, then cleaning my house for 45 minutes (Whee!!), then doing some more mini-challenges, and starting the whole process over again. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my house cleaned in just a few of these time blocks so I'll have more time to devote to reading! Of course, I also have to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning, so I can't stay up too late. Sad...
Anyway, here are a few of the books I plan to/might tackle this read-a-thon:
1. Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom
2. Ulysses by James Joyce
3. Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
4. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
So far, I've read a bit of the Bloom book. Now, it's onto dishes. When I return, I'll crack open the next section of Ulysses.
See you all around!













6 comments:
“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.” -- Mary Schmich
Enjoy your trip!!
you are doing good
as you should
but don't forget food!
PS: Please switch off word verification for 24 hours!
Oh, it's okay to get a late start...and devote only part of the day to reading...perfectly okay. Glad you got to join in even for a little while.
I'm trying to read and visit blogs, today. I've found some lovely new ones this way.
Well, some reading is always better than no reading; I've slipped three loads of laundry in amongst my reading in Hour 9, but it's still more fun doing it *around* reading than *without* reading. Happy Read-A-Thon-ing!
1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!
How is Ulysses going? I'm yet to read that book! Enjoy your reading. Your books and plan look good. Have fun.
Post a Comment