Thursday, January 14, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Flaps

I've decided to join in on the Booking Through Thursday meme that I've seen on so many other blogs. For other responses to today's question, go here.

btt button
Suggested by Prairie Progressive:
Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?

My answer: Yes, I read the flaps/backs of books before I read a book. If it strikes my fancy, I'll pick it up. If not, I won't waste my time with it, especially since there are so many other books out there I could be reading!

What about you? Do you read the flaps/backs of books?

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yep, I read the cover copy. I'll refer back to it when I'm reading, too -- especially if I'm having a hard time figuring out what the plot is supposed to be about.

Michelle said...

I read where someone (I can't remember who!) said she doesn't read the flaps. I guess she must pick all her books on cover art alone, which I think is pretty risky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...