Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: January 26, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this, but I got hit with a (non-stomach) flu late yesterday afternoon and couldn't even sit up at my computer to schedule this post! I'm feeling much better now, thankfully.
 
Here are mine:
 
The Bonfire of the Vanities: A NovelThis one stared at Sherman as he came down the stairs, but the other one, the smaller one, didn't. He was wearing a sport jacket and the sort of brown pants a wife might choose to go with it. - The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe, page 327
 
 
 
Wolf Hall: A Novel (Man Booker Prize)
 
Who says two bishops should hold up her hem? It's all written down in a great book, so old that one hardly dare touch it, breathe on it; Lisle seems to know it by heart. - Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, page 381


Conspiracy 365 January

I'd had the nightmare yet again. The same terrifying images and feelings had disturbed my sleep: being lost and helpless, shivering with fear and cold. - January by Gabrielle Lord, page 39

3 comments:

Kathmeista said...

Really looking forward to reading your review for Wolf Hall! It's been on my wishlist since the booker long list was announced!

Diane said...

Oh...like those teasers. Bonfire of the Vanities is one I've always wanted to read. I also have the Kindle version of Wolf Hall waiting to be read - can't wait to read your reviews.

Emma Michaels said...

Three very nice choices!
Hope you will check out my teaser here: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_26.html

By the way I subscribed!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...