Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: May 4, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser:

This Side of Paradise (Classic Reprint)"All you need to tell me of yourself is that you still are; for the rest I merely search back in a restive memory, a thermometer that records only fevers, and match you with what I was at your age. But men will chatter and you and I will still shout our futilities to each other across the stage until the last silly curtain falls plump! upon our bobbing heads." - This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald, p. 147

9 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds fabulous! What beautiful language is contained in those brief remarks.

Here's mine:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/teaser-tuesdays-10/

Lisa said...

Sounds like something I like to read

Here's mine.

Alayne said...

I didn't love This Side of Paradise as much as I loved Gatsby, but this is still a great teaser. :) Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful teaser. It i has been some time since I read Fitzgerald. Thank you for the reminder. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/teaser-tuesdays-sea-witch.html

Lady Q said...

Oh nice. I like when classics pop up on Teaser Tuesday! Here's my teaser for Watermark.

Beth F said...

I haven't read Fitzgerald in years -- but I'm reminded why I like him.

Kaye said...

This sounds wonderful, I haven't read Fitzgerald for ages either. I'll have to check this one out. Fantastic teaser pick.
My teaser is here
Have a good week and happy reading.

Beverly said...

Doesn't sound like my kind of book - but I bet for some it is the best teaser! Here is mine

Clarissa said...

I really like your teaser - I probably should read this book!

Here is my tease
http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...