Friday, June 18, 2010

BBAW: My Nomination Post

I've seen a lot of posts over the last several months talking about Book Blogger Appreciation Week, so when I saw Jenners' post about how she's joining up, I was intrigued.

BBAW is one of those things that, I think, every book blogger needs to tackle at least once, much like Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. Of course, having never experienced a BBAW myself, I can't really tell anyone why they should participate, other than I see a lot of people talking positively about it.

In looking through the posts on the BBAW site, I saw that bloggers are being asked to nominate themselves for awards this year, and link up to the post which condenses their five nomination entries.

Since I started my blog back in December, I decided to nominate myself for Best New Book Blog, a category which I'm sure will be full of awesome new bloggers. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

So, here are my five posts for my entry, which I think best represent what I've done with my blog thus far:

1. A post most of you probably haven't read (From when my blog was a wee, itty-bitty tadpole) where I try to figure out which War and Peace character I loathed the least

2. A review of one of my favorite reads of 2010, complete with a Twilight rant, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

3. My favorite read of all time: The Great Gatsby

4. How Eric Van Lustbader's Last Snow sort of helped me overcome James Patterson Syndrome

5. One of my longest reviews (It should be, it took me seven weeks to read the book!), Gone With the Wind

2 comments:

Jenners said...

Good for you for putting yourself in the mix!!! Last year's BBAW was my first one and it was fun ... you'll be so overwhelmed by how many book blogs are out there. Have fun with it.

Rose City Reader said...

Glad I found your blog! That is the best part of BBAW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...