Monday, February 15, 2010

Announcing the 50 Followers Contest!

Holy canola oil, guys! I just announced the 50 Followers Contest this morning, and here I have 50 followers. You guys are awesome!

Here are the details:

1. You must be a follower to participate. New followers are eligible, too.

2. I don't care if you live outside the US or Canada. Since my followers are so awesome, and some live far away (Hi, people in Thailand and Australia and other places!), I'm opening this contest to everyone. This includes PO Boxes.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog3. The prize is a copy of The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, my favorite read from the last couple of years. If you already have a copy of this book/have read it and you win, I will give you a copy of Gourmet Rhapsody, also by Muriel Barbery. If you have/have read both of these, well, I'll think of another book!



4. All followers are eligible, but it would really, REALLY help me out if you would leave a comment with your choice of prize book and your e-mail address if you want to participate. Please, preserve my sanity!

5. Contest closes Monday, March 1 at 10 p.m. CST. I will e-mail and announce the winner shortly thereafter.

6. If, by chance, I make it to 100 followers by the end of the contest period, I will have TWO winners. Yay!

Thanks so much for all your support. I'm so excited to be able to offer this contest after just two short months of blogging!

22 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, doll. I'm dropping in to say congratulations on the followers. More will come, I'm sure of it.

I also wanted to say thanks for the e-mail. I've got this posted at Win a Book for you.

amanda18228 said...

I would love to win Elegance of the Hedgehog. I've been wanting to read it. Congrats on the followers.
I'm a new follower.
amandarwest at gmaildotcom

Cat said...

Congratualtions on 50!

I love the sound of Elegance of the Hedgehog. Thanks for the opportunity and including us 'internationals"

catsplace31(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)nz

Margie said...

I would love to read Elegance of the Hedgehog. Thanks for the giveaway.
mtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com

Sunny @ the Library said...

I'm a follower, I am sunnylea(at)gmail(dot)com and I have to admit that I have *read* Hedgehog, but I don't *own* it.

And, yes, it is that good.

So I'd like a chance to win it. Thanks!

ccqdesigns said...

Oh yea! I love this, I have read the Elegance of the Hedgehog and loved it and now have Gourmet Rhapsody on my wishlist! So I would love to win Gourmet Rhapsody. And, congratulations on 50 and I hope I made at least 51 or 52.

rebecca dot cox at charter dot net

Aths said...

Add me in! Am a follower

I'd love to win The Elegance of the Hedgehog3. Always been wanting to read it!

ReadingOnARainyDay AT gmail DOT com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm following you and I'd love to read The Elegance of the Hedgehog. Keep meaning too. It looks good.

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Bcteagirl said...

The Elegance of the Hedgehog is a book that I want to read! It is popular though, so chances are slim. I would love to read this book! :)

I am a follower

teagirl1 at telus dot net

buddyt said...

I have joined as a follower.

It sounds like an interesting book so please add me to the giveaway.

I an International.

Thanks

Carol


buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

BUSY BEE said...

I would appreciate either book. I haven't read M.Barbery books before. I will add her to my TBR list for sure.

I am a new follower.

bsyb100 at gmail dot com

Booksnyc said...

Congrats on reaching 50 followers! I am new to book blogging too and can relate to the thrill of realizing people actually read what you write!

I would love to read the Elegance of the Hedgehog.

thanks!

leenbeen2001 (at) yahoo (dot) com

wheresmyrain said...

loved "elegence" and would love to read rhapsody

i follow

wheresmyrain at yahoo dot com

M. said...

I actually stopped in the bookstore because I was fascinated by this title. Talk about unusual! I ended up not buying it that day (due to having to rescue merchandise from my rambunctious toddler) and haven't made it back since. Delighted to hear you liked it so much!

mayamissani AT yahoo DOT ca

baileythebookworm said...

I've already read (and adore) The Elegance of the Hedgehog, but haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Rhapsody yet -I'd love a chance to read it.

I'm a follower.
baileythebookworm at gmail dot com

Carol M said...

Congrats on reaching 60 followers!

I'm a follower.

I would like either book. I've never read this author love to start now!

mittens0831 at aol dot com

Jennifer said...

Please do enter me! I have not read The Elegance of a Hedgehog. Thanks for the chance!

knittingmomof3 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Mystica said...

Would love to win this book - The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

Am a follower

mystica123athotmaildotcom

avalonne83 said...

I'm a brand new follower.
Please count me in. Thanks!

avalonne83 [at] yahoo [dot] it

Sarah E said...

Please enter me in this giveaway!

I would love to win The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

I'm a follower.

saemmerson at yahoo dot com

Sarah E

Julie said...

Wow! Your followers list has really grown. Congrats! Please enter me. I'm a follower and I'd love to win a copy of The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

Wildan said...

visiting,. nice blog,. visit mine

dans-novelfreaks.blogspot.com

open 4 link exchange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...