Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here are mine:

The Bonfire of the Vanities"'I realize you were joking, but we're already hearing from these minorities, from these black organizations and whatnot, the very organizations that have been spreading rumors that we are racist and all the usual sort of rubbish, and now they're congratulating us and looking to us as a sort of ... beacon. That's quite a turnabout in a short time.'" - The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe, page 520


Last Snow"Doubt felled few of his kind, however. More often, if it wasn't a bullet or old age, years of stress delivered the knockout blow via a dyspeptic stomach, ulcers, or worst of all, irritable bowel syndrome." - Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader, page 200

5 comments:

Kaye said...

Two good teasers. I've never read either author. Hope you're enjoying the books. My teaser is here

Alice Audrey said...

Great teasers. That one by Lustbader gives one pause.

Emma Michaels said...

Great teasers. Last Snow sounds amazing! I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

Booksnyc said...

I read I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I resolved to read more

Booksnyc said...

hit post too soon! That last line should have read "I resolved to read more Tom Wolfe - I read Man in Full but still haven't gotten to Bonfire of the Vanities"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...