Thursday, March 11, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Illustrious

How do you feel about illustrations in your books? Graphs? Photos? Sketches?

 For more Booking Through Thursday responses, click here.

Obviously,  the illustrations/sketches/photos have to fit the topic of the book or else, why are they there?

I prefer my photos and such to be spread throughout the book. If I'm reading a history book, I like to have the photos stuck right in with the text instead of clumped together in a bunch of glossy sheets in the center of the book. I'm not a big fan of those big photo-clumps.

What about you? Do you like illustrations in your books?



 

3 comments:

jlshall said...

I agree about the spacing of illustrations. Much prefer to have them spread out in the text, rather than all together in one batch. Must be cheaper to do it that way, I guess, but not as appealing.
Here's my answer.

Lori said...

I think that for adult fiction, I rather they didn't have pics. Non-fiction needs them. Here's mine.

Barbara said...

I don't like clumps either.

Here's my answer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...