Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: March 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here are my teasers:

Angelology: A NovelDr. Seraphina turned to me and took my hand. "You were very brave, Celestine, and one day you will make an excellent angelologist." Angelology by Danielle Trussoni, p. 431 (Large print edition)








No Hope for Gomez!

Joseph and Dietrich dying similar deaths had to mean that Dietrich was killed to keep him from discovering something (or to keep him from sharing something he'd already discovered). The two men didn't travel in the same circles, didn't have similar hobbies, hadn't joined the same clubs, so it was unlikely they'd attracted the killer's attention the same way. No Hope for Gomez! by Graham Parke, p. 113






Sherlock Holmes: Selected Stories (Oxford World's Classics)

"He is going to bring you up to my rooms, and I shall ask you for a true account of the matter. You must make a clean breast of it, for if you do I hope that I may be of use to you." "The Sign of Four," Sherlock Holmes Selected Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, p. 169

5 comments:

Shelly said...

What exactly is an angelologist? Sounds interesting!

Here's my teaser:


http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-case-for-love-by-kaye.html

Wanda said...

LOVE the Angelology cover, it almost sounds like a "Flat Liners" kind of story ...

Those mysteries look like a mind grind, enjoy the detective work!


Here's mine.

Jennifer said...

Great teasers! The last two are my favourites, probably because I have No ope For Gomez! in my TBR pile and I adore all of the Sherlock Holmes adventures. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-within-hollow-crown_30.html

Lori said...

Cool teasers. I hope that you enjoy your books. Here's mine.

runnersami said...

Your teaser for Angelology was really good! I'm going to have to pick that one up. Have you ever read any of Anne Rice's books? Her most recent one, Angel Time, deviates from her normal vampire themed books. I've never read her but she's an author I've always wanted to read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...