Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: March 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I've decided to do something a little different than normal for my Teaser Tuesdays from now on. Usually, I'll give you a teaser for every book I'm reading. Since I sometimes carry books throughout a couple of weeks because I can be a lazy reader when I want to be, I'm going to avoid giving you guys teasers from the same books for multiple weeks. Instead, I'll just give you teasers for the newest books.

Sound good?

On to this week's teasers:

Franny and ZooeyMy telephone problems aside, Bessie's current letter is really a Zooey letter. I'm to write and tell you that you have your Whole Life Before You and that it's Criminal if you don't go after your Ph.D. before you go in for the actor's life in a big way. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger, p. 57








FallenThere was no way to explain to them what had happened that night or what she'd been going through since then. She had gone straight back to classes, though not by her own choice. Fallen by Lauren Kate, p. 263

8 comments:

(The) Ladybug Lounge formerly Msslaydbug said...

Thanks for sharing. This book is on my to be read list. Great Teaser !

Pam said...

I haven't heard of Fallen but I love Franny and Zooey. I really need to read it again...

Jan von Harz said...

Great teasers. Hope you are enjoying both these books

Alayne said...

Great teasers, I really like the Salinger one. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

celi.a said...

Nice teasers! I actually had the Salinger book referred to me by a good friend not too long ago. Perhaps it's time to try his work again...

If you'd like, you can check out my teaser here.

Lori said...

I want to read fallen..Enjoy your books! Here's Mine

Kaye said...

That's an oldie but goodie! Hope you're enjoying it. Have a good week and happy reading. My teaser is here

Jenners said...

Well, these are two different books for sure! I'm sure you don't get them confused.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...