Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here are this week's teasers:

Sea Glass: A NovelAfter the meeting, there is always a rally at one of the mill gates and usually there is a song session, which is supposed to pep up the picketers, though some of the songs are just too embarrassing to sing. And then one or two of the strike leaders will give interviews to the newspaper reporters who have been coming into town. Sea Glass by Anita Shreve, p. 279






The Swimming PoolShe arranged for Toni to sleep over at a friend's and drove to Mashantum on a Friday midday toward the end of September. She went to the house, feeling like a trespasser, dropped off her things, and then went straight to the beach. The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw, p. 149 (This is an ARC, page numbers and wording may be different in the final copy)

8 comments:

Beth F said...

They both sound good. I Have a Shreve audio to listen to -- Soon, I say!

Kaye said...

Sounds interesting. I hope you are enjoying The Swimming Pool. I just got that one and haven't even opened it yet. Good teasers! Hope you're enjoying the book. My TT is here

Christina T said...

I am really curious about The Swimming Pool. Both of your teasers are really good.

Jennifer said...

I adore Sea Glass my Anita Shreve. I have not read Swimming Pool, but based on the teaser it will be added to my TBR list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-songbird-under-german.html

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Wow, both of those sound really good!

Darlene said...

Good teasers. I've got The Swimming Pool but haven't started it yet. I've read a lot of Shreve's books but I'm not sure I've read this one.

Lori said...

I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's My Teaser

Jen - devourer of books said...

Is it really terrible I've never read anything by Anita Shreve? I feel like it is. I've been hearing great things about "The Swimming Pool," hope you're enjoying it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...