Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon: Hours 1 & 2

Hello, everyone! I'm posting this a little late (Two hours late, to be exact) because I had to spend the first two hours of the Read-a-Thon getting ready for work and getting to work. But, since I'm here now, I can get going on the first two challenges! Yay!

Here's challenge 1, from the Dewey's blog:

Where are you reading from today?
3 facts about me …
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

1. I am reading from work (The library) and home in Illinois.

2. Three facts about me... 1) I like to sit outside and read whenever possible, and today looks as if it may cooperate! 2) I like to read more than I like to do pretty much anything else. 3) I haven't told my husband I'm participating in the Read-a-Thon (Don't know why!), but I will tell him if he wants me to help outside!

3. At the moment, I have 7 books in my TBR pile. I am in the midst of four of them and have the other three as backups.

4. I would really like to be able to spend at least half the Read-a-Thon reading. Since I've already wasted two hours, well, that may fly out the window. So, I'm hoping to finish at least three books. I'm easily distracted...

5. This is my first time! I'll take all the advice I can get!!


I'll be checking in every few hours (I hope) and commenting on other blogs. I'll probably be updating my Twitter feed more often than I will this blog, so check there (@michellesherman) for more!

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

My only advice is to have fun and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Happy reading!

readerbuzz said...

I read more on a typical Saturday than I have today. Too busy visiting blogs!

I just became a follower here. I'm a librarian, too. Check out my blog, if you will.

www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...