Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Mid-Event Mini-Survey

I am getting so much less reading than I had hoped I would. I'm also getting much less mini-challenge participating and blog visiting done than I wanted to. Oh, well. I'll learn from this first Read-a-Thon experience and make some changes for next time!

Here's the mid-event survey:
 
1. What are you reading right now? The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
2. How many books have you read so far? Uh, one... Eek! And it was a book I was half finished with when the day started!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm looking forward to getting farther into Sugar Queen and getting some more done on Gone With the Wind.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I cleaned the house this week so I wouldn't have to today, but I've still not been getting as much reading done as I'd like.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Some, but not a lot. In other words, I have no excuses not to read!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much other people are reading! Wow, I feel like a slacker!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None at this moment!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would read more.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I was tired when I woke up this morning...
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Uh, don't be like me?

4 comments:

kikiv68 said...

"A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is- full of surprises", by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I hope your day is full of book surprises. Happy Reading!
Readthon Cheeleader and Follower

Shanyn said...

In a Story Book

At night when sunshine goes away,
And it's too dark for me to play,
I like to come inside, and look
For new friends in a story book.

Em said...

Go Michelle! Don't beat yourself up - there's no reading quota. The main idea is just to enjoy a day of reading. :) Sounds like you've been reading some great stuff! Sugar Queen's on my TBR list. I enjoyed her The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

reederreads said...

I loved Sugar Queen!!! :)

You're doing great! I'm losing a little bit of steam so I thought I'd come on and cheer on a couple of fellow bloggers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...