Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Challenge 1

Hosted by Miss Remmers' Review, here's Challenge 1:

In this challenge we would like you to write a post on your blogs about your kick off strategy.  What have you surrounded yourself with for these early hours of the challenge besides your books?  Is there a coffee thermos, lucky book mark, snacks, pillow....  We want to know how you have prepared so you do not have to leave your cozy reading space (by the way - we'd like to know what is too.... (are you still in bed, a chair, the couch.....)

At the moment, I've only got a bottle of water and a granola bar surrounding me. Oh, and I'm sitting in my office chair because I'm at work. Yes, you read that right. The cardinal sin of the Read-a-Thon has been committed, and it's only the beginning of hour three! I'm at work. Bah.

When I get home, however, I'll have plenty of water (I don't drink soda), whatever food I can scrounge from my fridge (I think I have some pasta salad and chicken tacos...), my couch, some pillows and my cat. You must have that reading companion who occasionally tries to pull off your glasses or eat your book. It's an essential accessory.

Wow, I'm a little loopy this morning! Anyway, that's what I've got around me right now. See you all later!

1 comments:

Maree said...

Stopping by to offer a cheer - hope you're having fun! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...